There has been a craze around, thanks to smart phones and the social media. People take pictures of themselves and immediately put it on social media or just save it their picture gallery. There is nothing wrong in it but like many things, some people go the extra mile to do odd and crazy things just to impress their friends on social media. I hear crazy stuff like taking a ‘selfie’ while skydiving! It gives me the shivers..and some unknownly take pictures of their death caused by the ‘need to impress’.
A Romanian teenager has been electrocuted to death by a live wire after climbing on top of a train to take a selfie.
Anna Ursu, 18, and a friend went to a train station in the town of Lasi in the northeast of the country to take a ‘special selfie’ that she intended to post on Facebook.
But as she lay on top of the train and stuck one of her legs in the air, an electrical field surrounding the overhead cables sent 27,000 volts zapping through her body, causing her to burst into flames.
The charge that hit Miss Ursu was so powerful that it caused her 17-year-old friend to be sent flying off the roof of the stationary train.
A passer-by who saw the horrific accident risked his own life by scrambling on top of the carriage to extinguish the girl’s burning clothes before phoning the emergency services.
Both teenagers were airlifted to hospital but the 18-year-old later died as a result of 50 per cent of her body being covered in burns.
The 17-year-old girl is currently recovering in hospital. She told investigators that the pair had wanted to get the ‘ultimate selfie’ and hadn’t stopped to think of the danger.
Culled from Mailonline